Music and lyrics by Edward Sherman
Book by Peter StoneApril 12-May 5, 2019
103 S. High Street, Akron 44308
A funny, insightful, and compelling musical with a striking score and legendary script. It's the summer of 1776, and the nation is ready to declare independence... if only the founding fathers can agree to do it! John Adams of Massachusetts, Benjamin Franklin of Pennsylvania, and Thomas Jefferson of Virginia attempt to convince the members of the Second Continental Congress to vote for independence from the shackles of the British monarchy by signing the Declaration of Independence. 1776 puts a human face on the pages of history, and in this gender-diverse production, comes to new life.
Shows on Thursdays-Saturdays begin at 8:00
Sunday matinees begin at 2:00.
Lobby and bar open one hour before curtain.
Parking is free Friday evenings and all weekends in the garage across the street, $2
All sales final. Tickets may be exchanged as long as we have more than 48 hours notice from date of performance. See the FAQ for more details.
103 South High Street
Akron, OH 44308
More Event Ideas
- More Theater Events
- Thursday, May 16, 8:00 PM
- Friday, Apr 12, 7:30 PM
- Saturday, May 18, 7:30 PM
- More Events at OSF at Greystone Hall events
- Thursday, Jan 21, 12:00 PM
- Tuesday, Dec 31, 12:00 PM
- More Events on April 12, 2019
- Friday, Apr 12, 7:00 PM
- Mustard Seed Market & Cafe --- Cork & Fork Wine Tastings at Mustard Seed Market - Montrose Cafe Banquet RoomFriday, Apr 12, 5:30 PM
- Friday, Apr 12, 9:00 PM