First Friday Club of Greater Akron - September 2019 - Christina Hannon Luehring - Keep the Baby, Change the
Join us on September 6 to hear Christina Hannon Luehring speak on “Keep the Baby, Change the Bathwater: The Gifts that Young People Bring to Our Church." The current state of young adult life in the Catholic Church is complex and challenging. But with non-judgmental understanding and Jesus’ example, we can meet that challenge. Christina will offer insights on the trends of young people leaving the Catholic Church and organized religion, along with local and national examples of effective ministry with young adults (ages 18-39). She will also share reflections on the October 2018 Synod in Rome on “Young People, the Faith, and Vocational Discernment”. Christina works for Coalition with Young Adults (CYA or “see ya!”) which supports Catholic ministries for 20- and 30-somethings in Northeast Ohio (www.cyacleveland.org). With ten years’ experience in young adult ministry across four states, Christina understands young adult ministry in practice, not just in theory. Christina graduated from the University of Notre Dame, and has worked for Catholic Leadership Institute, John Carroll University, and St. Basil the Great Parish. Christina lives in Lakewood, Ohio, and her parish homes are La Sagrada Familia and St. Rita.
532 W. Market St.
Akron, OH 44303
More Event Ideas
- More Other Events
- Saturday, Aug 24, 10:00 AM
- Friday, Aug 23, 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, Aug 28, 7:00 PM
- More Events at The Tangier
- Friday, Oct 4, 8:30 PM
- First Friday Club of Greater Akron - October 2019 - Bishop Perez Nelson, Bishop of the Diocese of Cleveland at The TangierFriday, Oct 4, 11:00 AM
- First Friday Club of Greater Akron - December 2019 - John L. Allen, Jr. Assoc. Editor, Boston Globe, and senior Vatican at The TangierFriday, Dec 6, 11:00 AM
- More Events on September 6, 2019
- Community Mental Wellness to Support Veterans in the Community at Cuyahoga Community College- Western CampusFriday, Sep 6, 8:00 AM
- Friday, Sep 6, 7:00 PM
- Friday, Sep 6, 11:00 AM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.